Friday, March 23, 2012

Realizations, Learning and Living

As I transitioned from doing more
than flipping my whole life upside down
by marrying and moving
within months,
to a 5 day a week contract job
plus all else I was doing
my level of stress
and managing more exceptions
and trying to wade through them all
was getting to be quite difficult
for me.


I can't do it all.
There are situations where one has
no choice and then there
are some where one has a choice.
 
I really appreciated this post by
Katherine
as she realized what she can and can't do.
*
I realized and so did Orthoman that
I would burn out if I continued at the pace
I had been going at. So...
*
I stayed home today.
I am going to bake my cake.
I am going to church.
I am going to renegotiate with my work to
cut it down for the next while to 4 days a week.
*
I meet with the cater next week.
I love my God willing future
 photographer
who I talked to on the phone last night.
I see a woman about helping me
decorate the reception hall in
about two weeks.
I cannot put these things off or
reschedule.
*
I will be traveling a lot in May.
Most likely once in June
and once in July.
Moving Cleo and belongings
sometime after July.
Marrying after August.
*
It is a daily and weekly effort to figure out
what is working and what is not
in terms of planning,
health and well-being
and new-life
building.
So today I accomplished
something unexpected
and something that brought some
order, peace and balance 
to my life.
*
See that coffee table?
It's empty save the books.
See the bags on the shelves?
Bagged books waiting
to be given away.
*
This whole figuring out what to do
what I can and can't do
and how to communicate it
is at times very tiring
but with God's mercy
I will be able
to continue to do just that.